Rise of Kingdoms: Attila – Skills, Talent Trees and Best Pairings

The Scourge of God


Civilization: Hunic Empire


Attila, frequently called Attila the Hun, was the ruler of the Huns from 434 until his death in March 453. He was also the leader of a tribal empire consisting of Huns, Ostrogoths, and Alans among others, in Central and Eastern Europe.

During his reign, he was one of the most feared enemies of the Western and Eastern Roman Empires. He crossed the Danube twice and plundered the Balkans, but was unable to take Constantinople. His unsuccessful campaign in Persia was followed in 441 by an invasion of the Eastern Roman (Byzantine) Empire, the success of which emboldened Attila to invade the West. He also attempted to conquer Roman Gaul (modern France), crossing the Rhine in 451 and marching as far as Aurelianum (Orleans) before being defeated at the Battle of the Catalaunian Plains.

He subsequently invaded Italy, devastating the northern provinces, but was unable to take Rome. He planned for further campaigns against the Romans, but died in 453. After Attila’s death, his close adviser, Ardaric of the Gepids, led a Germanic revolt against Hunnic rule, after which the Hunnic Empire quickly collapsed.

Click here for information on other commanders!

Review of Commander Attila:

  • Ways to obtain this commander sculptures: Mightiest Governor Event
  • Attila is an amazing cavalry commander, who is non-skill based and normal attack-focused, and feasible as a rally or open-field commander.

Click here for information on other commanders!

Commander Skills for Attila:


King of the Huns
Active Skill
Rage requirement: 950
For the next 4 seconds, the normal attacks and counterattacks of troops led by this commander deal 10% increased damage, and normal attacks have a 50% chance to reduce the target’s attack by 20% for 2 seconds (can trigger once every 2 seconds).

Normal Attack Damage Bonus: 10%/15%/20%/25%/30%
Counterattack Damage Bonus: 10%/15%/20%/25%/30%
Enemy Attack Reduction: 20%/25%/30%/40%/50%

The Siege of Constantinople
Passive Skill
When attacking strongholds or cities, troops led by this commander deal 1% increased damage, and have a 10% chance each turn to reduce enemy garrison troops’ defense by 5% for 3 seconds.

Damage Bonus: 1%/2%/3%/4%/5%
Defense Reduction: 5%/10%/15%/15%/10%

Passive Skill
Troops led by this commander take 3% less skill damage, and deal 30% reduced skill damage. At the same time, cavalry units gain 3% increased march speed and 20% increased attack.

Skill Damage Taken Reduction: 3%/6%/9%/12%/15%
Cavalry March Speed Bonus: 3%/6%/9%/12%/15%
Cavalry Attack Bonus: 20%/25%/30%/35%/40%

Battle of the Catalaunian Plains
Passive Skill
When troops led by this commander consist only of cavalry, their normal attacks have a chance to increase all damage dealt for 2 turns: has a 25% chance to increase by 25%, and a 25% chance to increase by 50%.

Skill Damage Bonus: 10%/15%/20%/25%/30%
Rage Restored: 5/10/15/20/25

The Scourge of God
Expertised: New Passive Skill
Troops led by Attila are immune to all Silence effects. When an enemy has less than 50% of units remaining, normal attacks against it deal 20% increased damage. After leaving battle, march speed is increased by 50% for 3 seconds.

Skills Upgrading Priority for Attila:

  • 5155 for Open-field; 5555 for Rally.

Click here for information on other commanders!

Best Commander Pairings for Attila:

  • Rally/Open-field: Takeda Shingen (Attila as primary commander)

Click here for information on other commanders!

Best Talent Trees for Attila:

Rally – This build focuses on optimizing Attila for normal attack damage. Make sure to get the “Burning Blood” talent in the “Attack” tree which provides additional 6 Rage every time Attila is attacked, as it allows you to trigger more of your active skill (boosting your damage and reducing target’s attack) when swarmed, which is a big mistake against Attila.


Click here for information on other commanders!

Please check out my other event guides:

CONQUER THE WORLD AND BECOME THE AUTHOR OF YOUR KINGDOM’S HISTORY – Experience the world’s first true RTS gameplay in this epic strategy game featuring unrivaled degrees of freedom

Developer – Rise of Kingdoms

Recent Posts

error: Content is protected !!